Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What Inspires Me.




I was especially inspired by these three sculptures. They aren't photography, but i personally really liked them. I am still not really sure why. I think its because of how rough they were, but at the same time they were beautiful. They truly look handmaid, and I loved that. You could see every notch, where the artist had hand hewn the wood until it was just exactly what he wanted. Their imperfections was why they are perfect. Despite being solid, to me they had a very life like feel. I think that it came from all the small cuts and indents on the face of the wood. It gives the sculptures and illusion of motion, and a more lifelike demeanor. I really enjoyed the gallery walk, and I hope we can do more of it in the future, especially with each others work.

No comments:

Post a Comment